Electric blanket may have caused deadly house fire

Electric blanket may have caused deadly house fire.

 

With winter coming on, I shall repeat my warnings of fear and loathing for anything electric blanket related. Get a cat, get a hot water bottle, do not get an electric blanket.

I had one, not that old, no signs of wear. The control overheated one night while i was in bed, had i not been there or awake I would have gone up in flames. The control melted in my hand when i went to grab it and turn it off.

I wouldnt trust them now. Not worth a bit of extra warmth, your life…